Wednesday 16 April 2008

Tired but refusing to sleep

Okay,



I am tired but would like to contribute more to my NEW blog!



Just saw a great play tonight, starring the fantastic Ralph Fiennes and written by french playwright Yasmina Reza. Was on at the Gielgud Theatre at the London West End so if you're in the city I suggest you go see it before this first production is over.



I didnt plan to go, but was bumming around Covent Garden (in London for those of you who dont know) and remembered that I had one day planned to see it.



You know how you're in those planning moods and you start researching and planning things to do and then you dont feel up to it on the day because you'd rather stay in bed and....and blog!



Well, my advice is, follow through on your plans as new experiences are always worth the trouble!



This time it was anyway, because the subject matter was actually once again uncannily on my mind.



The play is called 'God of Carnage', and its about alot of things. I was reading this National Geographic article on Darfur the other day and there is a bit about the situation there in the play. In a nutshell, its about the hypocrisy and superficiality of the current day bourgeosie,



Okay, I really have to sleep, but I will write more and put up some links tomorrow. Its just too late.

No comments: